Letters of credit
What is it?
A letter of credit is a conditional guarantee of payment issued by us to help you with your cross-border trading activities. These letters assure your suppliers that they will be paid for goods exported to your company.
What does it offer me?
- Involve shipment documents.
- Stanbic Bank Tanzania through its Standard Bank South Africa.
- Standard Bank London can receive export letters of credit from all over the world
- Terms protect interest of both buyers and sellers.
What do I need to apply?
- Visit any branch or call your relationship manager
- Fill in a letter of credit application form
- A pro forma invoice or commercial invoice
- Insurance cover (if applicant is going to pay for insurance)
- Import declaration form (TRA).